Translate

Monday, January 26, 2015

The Amazing Nicole Beharie

I have loved Nicole Beharie since Sleepy Hollow started.  Her naturalistic portrayal of our tough and tender Abigail Mills, her ability to roll with whatever is thrown at her, her comic timing, the example she sets for millions of a smart, powerful working woman...not to mention that she is just staggeringly beautiful, and always poised and kind in public appearances have made me a true fan. 

I had heard she sang beautifully, and I had been looking forward to hearing her sing in tonight's episode of Sleepy Hollow, "Kali Yuga."  A friend sent me the following link from her 2012 film My Last Day Without You to get a taste of her singing before tonight. 

My Last Day Without You--Official Video

As if that weren't enough to blow my mind, Ms. Beharie herself posted this video singing a song dedicated to her aunt.  The amazingly modest singer calls this "rough."  I found it breathtaking.  Hope you like it too.

Missing Val

This woman's voice is enough to make a diehard Mison fan ask "Tom who?  Oh, is there someone else in that show besides Nicole Beharie?" 

1 comment:

  1. WOW! WOW! WOW!

    And how amazing that her aunt 's name was Val!! I am so blown away. It's refreshing, with all the oversingers in this day and age, to find s
    someone who is not only singing beautifully, but who knows how to INTERPRET a song!!!

    This is spectacular!

    Thank you for posting.

    Peace!

    Keep the Faith!!

    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete